Kitchens are often the hub of the home and when it comes time to put your home on the market it is often said that kitchens and baths sell homes. A kitchen remodel can be expensive and time consuming. There are things you can do to give your kitchen a new look without spending a lot of money or time. Here are some inexpensive tips to get your kitchen in tip top shape in no time.
-Upgrade your appliances
Updating or upgrading your appliances will give your kitchen a fresh new look. You can start by ordering new doors or face panels from the manufacturer. If new appliances are in order you can find great deals at at discount stores. Many stores have scratch and dent appliances that may only have a small imperfection on the back of the appliance or in a place where no one would see it. This is a great way to save lots of money for more expensive appliances.
-Pretty it up with paint
New paint makes everything look clean and bright again. Choose a semigloss latex paint, which is easier to clean and holds up better in kitchens. Don’t forget to paint the trim too. Clean and wash all the walls and trim before painting. This will ensure the paint adheres to the surfaces properly.
Even if you have the newest cabinets and appliances a messy kitchen is never attractive. Keep clutter at bay with drawer organizer for utensils, pot racks and pull out trays for cabinets. If you need more room in your kitchen, utilize empty walls. Add open shelves with some neatly placed bowls for a great decorative and storage alternative
-Use the right lighting
Replace flood lights with a brighter and cleaner looking halogen bulbs. Install under cabinet lighting for a new look. Use decorative lights over the kitchen table or island to set the mood.
Older chandeliers can get an easy upgrade by placing small shades over the bulbs.
-Refurbish the cabinets
If your cabinets need a new look consider either refinishing them or giving them a lot of elbow grease. Cabinets easily build up with grease and dust. Use a cleaner with orange oil to get rid of the grime. Test a spot first before cleaning the whole kitchen. If the cabinets are worn, consider refinishing or repainting the doors and frames. Adding new drawer pulls, hinges and handles can also make a big impact.
-Fix the floor
An affordable way to have a do it yourself new floor is to install vinyl tiles. Vinyl flooring is easy to clean and durable. At less than $2 per square foot, you can put a vinyl floor in just about any kitchen for $500.
Don’t be afraid to spend a little money to achieve big results. Most minor kitchen renovations will recoup at least 83% of the cost and may even add value to your home.
Plymouth MA Listing AlertsPlymouth, MA - $399,900 - Single-Family - Colonial, Antique - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:21 hour agoPlymouth, MA - $349,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/12 hours agoPlymouth, MA - $1,800 - Rentals - - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/12 hours agoPlymouth, MA - $469,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:8 - Beds:2 - Baths:3/13 hours ago
Carver MA Listing AlertsCarver, MA - $265,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Carver, MA - $34,900 - Mobile Home - - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:2Carver, MA - $389,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Carver, MA - $205,000 - Single-Family - Split Entry - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1
Kingston MA Listing AlertsKingston, MA - $525,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/11 hour agoKingston, MA - $289,000 - Single-Family - Gambrel - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/217 hours agoKingston, MA - $730,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:12 - Beds:4 - Baths:3Kingston, MA - $325,000 - Single-Family - Antique, Farmhouse - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2
Marshfield MA Listing AlertsMarshfield, MA - $499,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:32 hours agoMarshfield, MA - $459,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2Marshfield, MA - $509,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:3Marshfield, MA - $189,000 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:2
- Pilgrim Trail: a scenic walk along Swan River for you and your furry friend March 7, 2014Pilgrim Trail is one of the best places to take a long stroll with your dog in Plymouth, MA. […]
- Murray picks Sagamore woman for Statehouse art panel March 6, 2014Senate President Therese Murray announced yesterday that she has appointed Jacqueline Lane, the Sagamore resident responsible for her Beacon Hill office's holiday decorations, to the State House Art Commission. […]
- Bus routes to extend to and from Boston March 6, 2014The Massachusetts Department of Transportation announced the BusPlus program Tuesday as a partnership between the state department and the private sector. […]
- Subzero Wind Chill. In March. March 6, 2014The freezer door is still open, and the Canadians refuse to close it. A few of you may have checked the calendar today to confirm that it is indeed March. […]
- Pilgrim Trail: a scenic walk along Swan River for you and your furry friend March 7, 2014
- Carver man charged with stabbing father multiple times February 26, 2014George Cowen, 23, is being charged with assault with intent to murder, according Plymouth County District Attorney Timothy J. Cruz's office. […]
- Things to do this week on Cape Cod February 13, 2014Sometimes a charity event will pay somber tribute to the cause that moves its heart. […]
- Carver man charged with stabbing father multiple times February 26, 2014
- College Bound Juniors get a jump on college search March 6, 2014It's second semester of junior year for Maribeth Mason of Kingston, and that means the college search is in full swing. […]
- Engagements: Barbara Wade & Katherine WAde March 2, 2014Katherine's father, Dr. Philip Wade, resides in Kingston, MA. Rob is the son of Nancy Smith Longsworth of Evergreen, Colorado, and Rob W. Longsworth of Aurora, Colorado. […]
- College Bound Juniors get a jump on college search March 6, 2014
- Mass. man, stepson sentenced in arson fires March 1, 2014Two Massachusetts men have been sentenced in some of a string of fires set south of Boston in 2012 and 2013. […]
- Middleborough man and stepson may plead guilty to arsons that terrorized Southeastern Mass. February 25, 2014A Middleborough man who was the alleged mastermind behind a wave of arson fires that terrorized Southeastern Massachusetts was told today that he would serve up to three years in state prison if he pleads guilty to arson charges. […]
- Insurer switches choice of school builder for Sutton February 14, 2014A special Board of Selectmen's meeting was canceled Wednesday after Western Surety Co., which holds the bond for the stalled middle/high school construction project, changed its selection of a building contractor to replace TLT Construction Corp. of Wakefield, whose contract was terminated by selectmen in October. […]
- Wheatstone Lists Recent U.S., Canadian Sales February 12, 2014Wheatstone says WMAL in Washington, has added the Glass-E virtual mixer to an existing WheatNet-IP system. […]
- Mass. man, stepson sentenced in arson fires March 1, 2014