Kitchens are often the hub of the home and when it comes time to put your home on the market it is often said that kitchens and baths sell homes. A kitchen remodel can be expensive and time consuming. There are things you can do to give your kitchen a new look without spending a lot of money or time. Here are some inexpensive tips to get your kitchen in tip top shape in no time.
-Upgrade your appliances
Updating or upgrading your appliances will give your kitchen a fresh new look. You can start by ordering new doors or face panels from the manufacturer. If new appliances are in order you can find great deals at at discount stores. Many stores have scratch and dent appliances that may only have a small imperfection on the back of the appliance or in a place where no one would see it. This is a great way to save lots of money for more expensive appliances.
-Pretty it up with paint
New paint makes everything look clean and bright again. Choose a semigloss latex paint, which is easier to clean and holds up better in kitchens. Don’t forget to paint the trim too. Clean and wash all the walls and trim before painting. This will ensure the paint adheres to the surfaces properly.
Even if you have the newest cabinets and appliances a messy kitchen is never attractive. Keep clutter at bay with drawer organizer for utensils, pot racks and pull out trays for cabinets. If you need more room in your kitchen, utilize empty walls. Add open shelves with some neatly placed bowls for a great decorative and storage alternative
-Use the right lighting
Replace flood lights with a brighter and cleaner looking halogen bulbs. Install under cabinet lighting for a new look. Use decorative lights over the kitchen table or island to set the mood.
Older chandeliers can get an easy upgrade by placing small shades over the bulbs.
-Refurbish the cabinets
If your cabinets need a new look consider either refinishing them or giving them a lot of elbow grease. Cabinets easily build up with grease and dust. Use a cleaner with orange oil to get rid of the grime. Test a spot first before cleaning the whole kitchen. If the cabinets are worn, consider refinishing or repainting the doors and frames. Adding new drawer pulls, hinges and handles can also make a big impact.
-Fix the floor
An affordable way to have a do it yourself new floor is to install vinyl tiles. Vinyl flooring is easy to clean and durable. At less than $2 per square foot, you can put a vinyl floor in just about any kitchen for $500.
Don’t be afraid to spend a little money to achieve big results. Most minor kitchen renovations will recoup at least 83% of the cost and may even add value to your home.
Plymouth MA Listing AlertsPlymouth, MA - $1,325,000 - Single-Family - Contemporary, Other - Rooms:11 - Beds:3 - Baths:4/147 minutes agoPlymouth, MA - $1,399,500 - Single-Family - Contemporary - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:4/147 minutes agoPlymouth, MA - $469,000 - Single-Family - Colonial, Contemporary - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/11 hour agoPlymouth, MA - $575,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:6 - Beds:4 - Baths:21 hour agoPlymouth, MA - $699,800 - Single-Family - Colonial, Contemporary - Rooms:9 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/11 hour ago
Carver MA Listing AlertsCarver, MA - $480,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/12 hours agoCarver, MA - $160,000 - Mobile Home - - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:25 hours agoCarver, MA - $314,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/19 hours agoCarver, MA - $263,900 - Single-Family - Antique - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:211 hours agoCarver, MA - $349,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1
Kingston MA Listing AlertsKingston, MA - $799,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/147 minutes agoKingston, MA - $159,900 - Mobile Home - - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:25 hours agoKingston, MA - $314,900 - Single-Family - Raised Ranch - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:16 hours agoKingston, MA - $429,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:310 hours agoKingston, MA - $449,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1
Marshfield MA Listing AlertsMarshfield, MA - $395,000 - Single-Family - Split Entry - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:21 hour agoMarshfield, MA - $829,000 - Single-Family - Victorian - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:32 hours agoMarshfield, MA - $239,900 - Single-Family - Cottage - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:13 hours agoMarshfield, MA - $310,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:25 hours agoMarshfield, MA - $384,900 - Single-Family - Raised Ranch - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:26 hours ago
- Cape Muslims celebrate end of Ramadan July 29, 2014Every night for the past month, 18-year-old Samina Rafiq would slip off her flip-flops and place them next to several other pairs of shoes at the bottom of a staircase before joining a small group of women upstairs at a small mosque on Falmouth Road. […]
- Mr. and Mrs. Brigham July 28, 2014Joe and Cathy Brigham of Bow recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. […]
- Driver shortage leaves P&B riders stranded July 28, 2014A shortage of drivers has left some Plymouth & Brockton Street Railway Co. riders stranded in the last two months as the company has been forced to skip scheduled routes. […]
- Crash at foot of Sagamore Bridge sends Plymouth woman to hospital July 27, 2014A Plymouth woman was taken to the hospital after a single-vehicle crash on Route 6 westbound at the foot of the Sagamore Bridge early this morning. […]
- Cape Muslims celebrate end of Ramadan July 29, 2014
- Wilho E. Harju July 26, 2014Wilho E. Harju, 95, a lifelong resident of Carver, passed away on July 25, 2014. […]
- NE-YO to Perform at Fenway Park Benefit 7/27 July 18, 2014GRAMMY Award winning, multi-platinum singer/songwriter NE-YO will bring the hits to Fenway Park on July 27 th for a benefit to kick-off a $1 million fundraising campaign launched by HealthBridge and CareOne Management to support employees and their families in fighting cancer. […]
- Classmates gather for annual chance to share memories July 6, 2014Henry Warren, left, and his wife, Janice, flip through a yearbook while their nephew, Lester, looks on during the Carver Alumni reunion in Mount Olive Saturday afternoon. […]
- Trik Casino On-line June 29, 2014Secondly, you can centralise on your biz wagerer because There aren't any distractions like /200 bonus = /400 come. […]
- Wilho E. Harju July 26, 2014
- Motorcyclist killed in Vermont accident June 30, 2014State police say a car driven by Frank Sargent of Woodbury crossed the center line of Route 14 around 9:15 a.m. Sunday and collided with the motorcyclists. […]
- Who Are Four of Massachusetts' 'Most Wanted' Criminals? June 28, 2014Every day, police solve crimes in all our communities. But when suspects get away, Massachusetts law enforcement officers turn to the public for help. […]
- Patrick signs legislation raising minimum wage June 27, 2014Surrounded by lawmakers, labor leaders and ballot activists who pushed for a higher minimum wage, Gov. Deval Patrick on Thursday signed into law a three-step increase in the wage floor to $11 per hour by 2017. […]
- More Viva Scope: Fewer biopsies June 9, 2014Nearly 400-thousand Americans are on dialysis for kidney failure. The treatment uses a special machine to filter toxins from the blood and often requires a graft to connect an artery to a vein to speed blood flow. […]
- Motorcyclist killed in Vermont accident June 30, 2014
- Contractor racks up failed projects but carries on July 27, 2014Duncan G. Leith, former chairman of both the Wachusett Regional School Committee and the Wachusett Regional School Building Committee, stands near one of the school's main entrances. […]
- Convertible badly damaged after crash in Sullivan Square July 19, 2014Main Street in Charlestown was shut down Friday night as emergency officials responded to a serious car crash just before 11 p.m. Several ambulances were seen leaving the scene in Sullivan Square where a convertible was seen badly damaged in front of the Charlestown Fire Station. […]
- Staff Sgt. Pitts says Medal of Honor is for fallen brothers July 19, 2014A New Hampshire native was seriously wounded in one of the bloodiest battles against the Taliban in Afghanistan and on Monday President Obama will present retired Army Staff Sergeant Ryan Pitts with the Medal of Honor for bravery. […]
- Marshfield man saves child from hot car July 18, 2014A toddler in Marshfield is safe thanks to some quick thinking teens who saw the child locked inside a hot car. […]
- Contractor racks up failed projects but carries on July 27, 2014