Here are a few recipes for homemade carpet freshener:
1 cup crushed dried herbs. Use any herbs you like (rosemary, southernwood, or lavender)
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large jar or other container with a tight-fitting lid.
2. Shake well to blend.
3. Sprinkle some of the mixture on your carpet, let it sit for an hour or so, and then
2 cups baking soda
Essential oil (pick your favorite scent)
2 cups lavender, buds
2 cups rosemary
1. Put 2 cups of baking soda in a glass or ceramic bowl; with the back of a metal spoon get rid of the lumps.
2. Add the essential oil (approximately 20 drops) and mix.
3. Add the lavender and rosemary, mix and then put in a plastic bag or glass container.
4 Let is sit for 2-3 days so the oil will not be wet (the oil can stain the carpet if it is wet).
5. Sprinkle desired amount on the carpet, leave for a few hours then vacuum.
Featured Property Slideshow
Plymouth MA Listing AlertsPlymouth, MA - $499,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:21 hour agoPlymouth, MA - $235,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:25 hours agoPlymouth, MA - $329,500 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/15 hours agoPlymouth, MA - $219,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:28 hours ago
Carver MA Listing Alerts
Kingston MA Listing AlertsKingston, MA - $415,000 - Single-Family - Antique - Rooms:9 - Beds:3 - Baths:22 hours agoKingston, MA - $1,500,000 - Land - Acres:8.275 hours agoKingston, MA - $384,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/111 hours agoKingston, MA - $284,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/117 hours ago
Marshfield MA Listing AlertsMarshfield, MA - $349,900 - Single-Family - Split Entry - Rooms:9 - Beds:3 - Baths:28 hours agoMarshfield, MA - $386,400 - Single-Family - Raised Ranch - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:111 hours agoMarshfield, MA - $92,000 - Condo - Garden - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:113 hours agoMarshfield, MA - $899 - Rentals - - Rooms:3 - Beds:1 - Baths:1
- Prestige Valet Parking of Dennisport sold to N.H. company December 3, 2013Prestige Valet Parking.com, which was owned by Dennisport resident Martin Bruemmel, was sold this week to New Hampshire-based Atlantic Parking Services. […]
- Rockland Trust Donates $100K To Old Colony YMCA For Plymouth Expansion Project December 3, 2013The donation will be used to support the Old Colony YMCA's expansion project in Plymouth, which is part of the A.D. Makepeace Development Community known as River Run. […]
- Plymouth Company Donates $1.4 Million TODAY Show's Holiday Gift Drive December 2, 2013PartyLite, a Plymouth-based party plan company, donated $1,433,239 worth of retail products to NBC's TODAY Show Holiday Gift Drive. […]
- Two girls allegedly steal car, flee police before arrest on Cape Cod December 2, 2013Two teenage girls allegedly stole a car in Brockton this morning, were seen driving erratically in Plymouth, and then fled from police in the car and on foot before they were arrested in Sandwich, State Police said. […]
- Prestige Valet Parking of Dennisport sold to N.H. company December 3, 2013
- Man faces 6th drunken driving charge after arrest in Carver December 4, 2013A Plympton man is facing his sixth drunken driving charge - and possible loss of his license for life - after he allegedly drove his gray pickup truck erratically in Carver, police said. […]
- Board supports legislation to require NStar to work with towns, residents November 28, 2013NStar continued stripping trees from its 300-foot right of way in Middleboro this week as residents continued their quest to make the utility listen to their concerns and fears. […]
- Bits & Pieces November 27, 2013Streets and shops will be decorated and open for business. The Santa Sightings 5k fun run will be held that morning as well. […]
- Ma. Voters Should Stay Away From Ward 4 In Dover Next Time Around November 25, 2013One of the attendees, Dave Scott, at my voter fraud workshop in Rye last week has put pen to paper trail. […]
- Man faces 6th drunken driving charge after arrest in Carver December 4, 2013
- "Where Does This Road Go - A Boomer's Walkabout" November 20, 2013Corporate trainer and author shares insights in new book entitled " Where Does This Road Go - A Boomer's Walkabout". […]
- Male Streaker? No, Just a Halloween Costume November 4, 2013Police said the airbag deployed in one vehicle and one driver was taken to Lahey Medical Center, Peabody. […]
- The road to the Rolling Rally November 2, 2013I don't know about you, but I'm a happy woman whenever a duck boat parade is scheduled. […]
- Cape Commerce October 11, 2013Gatewood will work in the trust and asset management department in Orleans. The Chatham resident has 30 years of experience at the managing director level in institutional equity sales at national and global investment service firms. […]
- "Where Does This Road Go - A Boomer's Walkabout" November 20, 2013
- Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station siren test on Nov. 21 November 20, 2013On Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 3:45 p.m., state and local public safety agencies will conduct an audible sounding of the 112 Prompt Alert and Notification System sirens located within the 10-mile Emergency Planning Zone of Entergy's Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station. […]
- Appeals are likely on flood map changes November 16, 2013A caffeine-fueled intensity may pervade local town halls this week as officials prepare to defend their communities against skyrocketing flood insurance bills. […]
- Seaport Advisory Council Awards $18M To Fund Projects In Marshfield, Scituate, Other Towns November 8, 2013The Seaport Advisory Council grant program has awarded more than $18 million in funding to support infrastructure improvements and job creation along the Commonwealth's coast. […]
- Healthcare and Employee Benefits Will Be Topic on WATD, Nov. 2;... October 31, 2013The show also will be broadcast live on the Web at www.959watd.com . Whether you're a small-business owner or an employee, tune in to learn how you can maximize your employee benefits while controlling costs. […]
- Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station siren test on Nov. 21 November 20, 2013